Revised September 8th, 2010
Winterport Dragway Rules for ATV's & Quads Drag Racing Competition:
- Fully functional rear brakes mandatory.
- Chain guards and clutch covers mandatory.
- Engine "kill switch" attached to rider mandatory on all machines with an ET of 8.49 or quicker.
- Functional "snap back" throttle mandatory.
- All machines must have a properly secured seat; foot pegs, and handle grips.
- All machines must be equipped with a means to prevent the rider's feet from going below the foot pegs.
- Wheelie Bars are limited to no longer than the overall length of the machine.
- Each participant agrees to familiarize themselves with all applicable rules and regulations prior to competing in any event at Winterport Dragway.
- Full Face Helmet, long sleeved shirt, denim or leather pants, leather gloves and boots or shoes above the ankle, mandatory on all entries.
- SN-2000 or newer Full Face Helmet, leather or Kevlar jacket, mandatory on all machines with an ET of 8.49 or quicker.
- All competitors must have a valid driver's license except that: riders 16 or over with proof of age and signed parental consent forms, may compete with a machine that is not capable of running faster than 10.00 seconds ET, only after completing a drivers test similar to the Teen Racing Class.
- Restricted to 1/8-mile competition.
- Competitors will be on a local level and not included in any bracket finals
- Nitrous Oxide prohibited.
- OEM type self-starting engine mandatory.
- Vehicle must be clean and free of excessive dirt prior to competition.
- Competition is restricted to ATV's, Motorcycles and Snowmobile. Competition against full-size vehicles prohibited.
For more information on ATV Drag Racing check out the ATV Drag Racing Association atwww.atvdra.com